Re: One more technical FAQ a

Emmanuel BEUQUE (ebeuque@pratique.fr)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:21:06 +0100

A (At) 10:05 19/03/97, Tom Schwengler ecrivait (wrote):
> Reply to: RE>One more technical FAQ about MHEG-5 IS
>
>Emmanuel,
>We had discussed the modulo issue for a while, and the conclusion was that
>the following equation:
> (a DIV b) * b + (a MOD b) = a
>is ALWAYS true.
>The reason was mainly that it is the way most software or languages define
>it, including for instance Java.
>So indeed the result of modulo is sometimes negative. It may seem strange in
>some cases, but as Xavier mentioned, modulo is not the same as the Euclidian
>remainder of the division.
>
>Tom

OK,

So, as I understand, the MHEG modulo is instead the remainder of the division.
If it is accepted by everyone, I will make the patch on my own in my
authoring tool and (one more time) too bad for the compactness of my MHEG
scenes. :-(

Regards,
Emmanuel

Emmanuel BEUQUE Email: ebeuque@pratique.fr
mediaServ tel: +33 (0) 2 99 64 36 64
Multimedia consultant & developer fax: +33 (0) 2 99 64 36 65