Re: Interaction

Andreas Kraft (kraft@fokus.gmd.de)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 14:10:31 +0100 (MET)

Hi Yoshiharu,

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Yoshiharu DEWA wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:51:57 +0100 (MET),
> Andreas Kraft <kraft@fokus.gmd.de> said:
> > What happens when a currently interacting Interactible, e.g. an EntryField,
> > is deactivated by a "Stop" action and the "InteractionStatus" is still true?
> > In my opinion the IS says nothing about setting the "InteractionStatus" to
> > false. So, the Interactible object is deactivated but still receives the
> > UserInput events.
>
> IS says The only way to change the InteractionStatus internal atribute
> is by using the SetInteractionStatus action (in 41.1.3
> InteractionStatus NOTES 1), so if you stop the interactible object by
> action, you should set the attribute is false using the
> SetInteractionStatus action.

Agreed, but this means that someone has to apply an SetInteractionStatus(false)
if an interacting interactible is stopped. I think there is something missing
because anywhere else in the IS similar behaviours are automatically stopped
if an object becomes inactive.
Is this an action point? I think fixing this during the revisal of the
interactible classes would be a good idea.

> If not set the attribute, the object still may receives the UserInput
> events and it is ignored or time-out. (See 41.1.3 NOTES 2)

I don't think that the notes says something about automatic time-outs. It just
mentions the posibility to implements something like this.

Very best regards,

Andreas

--
  o  _     Andreas Kraft