Re: Link with tow(or more) source

Klaus Hofrichter (hofrichter@fokus.gmd.de)
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:33:31 +0100

Folks,

Emmanuel BEUQUE wrote:

> Replying to my E-mail where I noticed that he was still using
> DIS, Choi asked me privately :
>
> >How can I get "final IS version of the MHEG-5 standard spec"?
> >Is it possible? If it is possible, where can I get this spec?

> If I remember well, I think Klaus tell us he was able to download a version
> from the ISO FTP site (without mentioning the URL) but that this version
> would not contain many corrections discussed on this list.
>
> As I got my IS version from Tom Schwengler and CCETT, could someone on this
> list tell Choi how he could get the last final IS version of MHEG-5 ?

Well, this is one of the strange things at ISO. Once the standard is
ready it disapears for a while, due to the printing. There are no
official versions around. All you can get is the illegal source (since
ISO has the (C)) from you friend at the standardization body.

Then, after some time, the standard should appear at your NBs bookshop.
At least, this is how DIN (the german NB) gets the money from. So you
have to ask you NB or ISO get the thing.

The policy behind that is not a good one. I suggest that SC29WG12
discusses this issue during the upcoming meeting. Personally, I am not
aware of a single legal print out there until now (but I would like to
know better).

I think I am not in the position to post the passwd of ISO servers. I
think for SC29 Mrs. Hirose is in charge:

Narumi Hirose, Secretariat, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29
IPSJ/ITSCJ, Room 308-3, Kikai-Shinko-Kaikan Bldg.
3-5-8, Shiba-Koen, Minato-Ku, Tokyo, 105 Japan
Telephone +81-3-3431-2808 Facsimile: +81-3-3431-6493
E-mail: hirose@itscj.ipsj.or.jp

Good luck,
- Klaus